(keitai-l) Re: Smartphone options in Japan (was RE: Re: OpenMoko / Neo1973 in Japan?)

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 10/23/07
As far as I know, Willcom is not applying for WiMax license, but for a
frequency slot that the government has opened for bids. Willcom is
applying the 2.5GHz frequency slot for its "next generation PHS". There
are only 2 available slots. Other applicants are au, DoCoMo and Softbank,
all of these for WiMax service. Some say that Willcom will surely get
one slot, while the other applicants will have to compete for the
remaining one. But some also say that the government considers PHS is a
Japan-only technology which has no future in this borderless world, so
there is also a possibility that Willcom will fail to get any.

Pada Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:02:49 +0900
si "Andrew Shuttleworth" <andrew@cvp.jp> bilang: