(keitai-l) Re: deliver of Olympics related information

From: Robert Ness <robert_at_danwei.org>
Date: 11/25/07
Thanks for these great pieces of advice.
I want to add that we will only be delivering English content, and the
subject matter we will be reporting on will not compete with large
well-resourced media companies (such as those reporting on records, scores),
but rather the foreign community traveling to China as well as China
watchers from abroad, especially those in the journalism and communications
industries.

Basically, these are internet savvy professionals, who are blog readers, and
international fliers.  For those who will be in China, who will be a little
more interested in the timeliness of information, we anticipate a demand for
mobile content.  Many of these will be people with handsets bought used
abroad but using the local networks during the time of the games.  Still, a
fair portion will be locals and expats using their domestic service plans.
Given the sensitive nature of the media industry here, we will not be
providing any Chinese language content, and hence will not be explicitly
targeting locals (though 25% of Danwei.org readers use Chinese web
browsers).

The suggestions the community has given me, do they apply to the market of
users I have described above?  Thanks very much,

~Robert