(keitai-l) EMONSTER?

From: <Steven_Nagata_at_capgroup.com>
Date: 02/25/08
Wow, EMobile is really putting on steam.

On top of the official announcement of voice+data plans they announced a
new variant of the HTC Kaiser platform.
http://www.japan.htc.com/press/pdf/0225_TyTN%20II_JPN_final%20for%20distribution.pdf

From the specs, it *looks* like they are dropping the 2.1GhzHSDPA/GSM/GPRS
modem for a single mode 1.7Ghz module.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised to see a single band modem, I would have
thought they might have gone for the new quadband HSDPA that the Sony
XPERIA is supposed to have.  It's significant since a 1.7 is only avail
with EMobile right now globally (although US T-mobile is supposed to be
supporting it later this year).  It's also the first custom hardware
configuration HTC is releasing under it's own brand name.

With Willcom lowering prices and EMobile reaching out hard to the
smartphone community, do you think we might see the big guys start
responding? (realistic unlimited data plans would be nice).

Thoughts?

-Steve