(keitai-l) Re: keitai-l user email addresses being posted online unmunged

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/14/08
On 2008-07-14 12:54 +0900 (Mon), Greg Conquest wrote:

> Can anyone here tell me why our email addresses are being posted
> unmunged at ...

For what it's worth, since this seems like a complaint, I'd like to say
that I prefer unmunged e-mail addresses to be posted.

Once you're on a spam list, they start sharing, and you're on them all,
regardless of whether most of the websites where your mail address is
found are munged or not. So basically munging gives you a year or two of
less spam in trade for forever making life harder for those who wish to
contact you.

My suggestion is to forget about who can get your address, and instead
use a Bayesian filter or other equally effective tool to filter out the
spam.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs@starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974