(keitai-l) Re: xhtml - future mobile phone markup language?

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 06/08/00
Giles Richter Netcom wrote:

> What I heard was that internationally,. the motion to approve the hybrid of
> chtml and WAP is on the table with the Gold members at the WAP Forum now,
> and should be decided next week.  This would be incorporated into WAP 2.0
> (1/2001).

I agree with that, and support it.

> The move toward mutual compliance/compatability between the
> different carrier ml/platforms within Japan is already a done deal and just
> a matter of time. But that is just what I heard.

I totally DISagree with that. J-Phone's MML is specifically designed to be
compatible with I-Mode contents, but it supports PNG only, whereas I-Mode only
supports GIFs. EZ contents are HDML, totally incompatible with the other 2.
Haven't heard of any plans for all three to agree on a common
platform/standard.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144