(keitai-l) Re: xhtml - future mobile phone markup language?

From: <JBAERNYC_at_aol.com>
Date: 06/10/00
andrea@girigiri.co.jp writes:

> [...]
 Japan have implemented UP.Browser v3.1 which supports
 wml AND hdml. This makes me wondering if I should start
 doing the mobile user interfaces in wml rather then
 hdml. what are the experiences of other developers here?

I had recently not too long ago asked a Phone.com guy and he said it would be
wise to develop everything now and forward in WML because HDML will no longer
be supported @ all starting next year (?).  I also met a developer (not with
Phone.com) that said he had been contracted by someone to develop an HDML
converter in JSP (using custom taglibs), which makes sense.

 etc) from mobile.yahoo.com which get send via e-mail
 (see http://mobile.yahoo.com/wireless/home). This works
 for both the cdmaone and the i-mode phone (its probably
 independent from the carrier?). >>

I beleive this is SMS Multipart messages which resolve the content type (?),
I think alerts via email make alot more sense that the current WAP proposals
and libraries.

- Jon