(keitai-l) Re: xhtml - future mobile phone markup language?

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 06/11/00
Hi Jon, hi all,

> I had recently not too long ago asked a Phone.com guy and
> he said it would be wise to develop everything now and
> forward in WML because HDML will no longer be supported
> @ all starting next year (?).

but is this also already true for the Japanese market where
many wap phones used to support only hdml?

> I beleive this is SMS Multipart messages

how can I (as a content provider) send a SMS message to
a Japanese phone?

> I think alerts via email make alot more sense that the
> current WAP proposals and libraries.

Can you explain why?

I basically think so too but the problem with email on
wap phones is that you don`t get the mail delivered
automatically (like email on i-mode phones) and have to
request it from the server instead.

the wap notification utilities seem to be very complex
and not very easy to implement. Has anyone here tried
it already and can point me to some working demo?

Cheers,
Andrea
--
Andrea Hoffmann ***** Mobile: 070-7406-5370
Anima: Daily Japanese Mobile News Community