(keitai-l) Re: xhtml - future mobile phone markup language?

From: <JBAERNYC_at_aol.com>
Date: 06/11/00
In a message dated 6/11/00 12:54:10 AM !!!First Boot!!!, ah@anima.de writes:

>>> but is this also already true for the Japanese market where
 many wap phones used to support only hdml? <<<

I have to say that I think what he referred to was the "American" market, not
Japanese, where I dont beleive many of the already existing companies and
current tools being built rely on HDML anymore, I could be wrong.

 >>> how can I (as a content provider) send a SMS message to
 a Japanese phone? <<<

Not really sure, I would assume different clients handle Multipart messages
differently, it would probably be a matter of playing around and seeing if
the client was able to receive other types of mails, unfortunatley Im not in
Japan so I wouldnt be sure since Im not on a network like that.

>>> the wap notification utilities seem to be very complex
 and not very easy to implement. Has anyone here tried
 it already and can point me to some working demo? <<<

Using the Phone.com notifications are pretty easy actually, u just sign on to
the Up.Dev server with a subscriber ID and send an alert.  But I think a high
priority marked email (via IMAP) could suffice as an equal alert mechanism
rather than using propriortary technology (via carrier).

- Jon