(keitai-l) Re: Another Euro iMode story; accuracy??

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 06/20/00
Hi Ren, hi all,

> I am always facinated by blanket quotes like "technically superior" --
> as an engineer I ponder what that phrase means.

ok, if you would have to compare wap and imode technically, what
would be your general conclusion as an engineer?

> But what nobody seems to understand is the that the success of I-Mode
> has NOTHING to do with technical standards; it's the business model that
> was successful, and it's the business model that DoCoMo will export out
> of Japan and it's the business model that is killing the current WAP
> business model.

very interesting: what are the main differences in the business model
of the two in your opinion?

most people say imode is so sucessful because its based on HTML
(and even easier then HTML) which makes it easier for developers
to create content for imode which makes the service more
attractive to users as well on the other side (because there
is just more to see on imode).

CU,
Andrea
--
Andrea Anima Hoffmann  ***  Mobile phone: 090-7406-5370
Japanese Mobile Community http://anima.editthispage.com