(keitai-l) Re: Another Euro iMode story; accuracy??

From: J. Sean Bennett <sean_at_mail.nnet.ne.jp>
Date: 06/21/00
From: "punnamas vichitkulwongsa" <punnamas@hotmail.com>

> happen. If you look at DoCoMo`s technology road map, it is quite impressive.
> Java KVM will stimulate the next round of new and exciting services. It is
> truly impressive and possibilities are endless. I haven`t heard any plan
> like that from IDO/DDI. Please correct me if I`m wrong here. The pending

I was of the assumption that all three of the wireless/keitai providers here in
Japan were moving to Java KVM capable 3G phones - is this not the case?!  Yes,
IDO/DDI and J-phone will have a tough battle if they are not moving that way.
Does anyone know for sure?

> have not explored and taken advantage of those weaknesses. As Ren pointed
> out, most iMode users still think of iMode services as DoCoMo`s Intranet.

...I though Ren's definition of iMode's as an intranet was one of the best yet.
I was talking with an active iMode'r last week who, told me that they "want to
learn how to use the internet, but haven't yet - seems too difficult"...

> oops.. sorry again for the long email!!

Insightful and informative as always Punnamas.

Regards,

Sean.