(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone and DDI business models

From: Brent Bossom <bbossom_at_pg7.so-net.ne.jp>
Date: 06/26/00
> Does anyone have any figures on how many customers each has? I thought I saw
> 7 million or more for I-mode, 2.2 million for J-Skyweb, and I have no idea
> for E-Z Web. THE TOTAL INTERET ENABLED USERS IS LITTLE OVER 10 MIL. AO I
> GUESS THAT EZWEB IS LITTE OVER 1MIL.

I'm not much better for giving approximate numbers, but those were a little
off...

DoCoMo: over 7 million
EZweb guys: more than 2 million
J-Phone: more than 1 million

That's where the 10 million users comes from, but actually it's closer to 11
now.

> monthly phone bill as I-mode can? NOW ALL CARRIERS ARE BILLING PER PACKET
> AND IF YOU A REGISTERED USER THE CARRIER BILLS FOR YOU. HOWEVER, THE
> COMMISSIONS YOU PAY FOR THE BILLING IS QUITE HIGH. IN I-DE IS 9-15%.

I believe Tuka does not yet bill by packet. They are still on a circuit
switched network. And J-Phone bills per "request".

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Brent

Brent Bossom
-mobile-