(keitai-l) Re: % of mobile internet traffic on official content sites

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/05/00
Nina:

the figures I hear about the "official partner site"/"voluntary sites" ratio
varies depending on who I hear/talk to. I have information directly from
DoCoMo
but also from other places - I have heard also about a 85%/15% split in traffic.

It might actually depend on how you count the traffic: hits, visits,
page views,
unique visits etc. I think interpretation of statistics will mirror
the difficulty to uniquely measure hits etc on the normal internet.

Also: not everything printed in the media about imode is technically
correct.
I frequently see totally wrong statements in foreign media about imode - just
yesterday I saw a totally wrong data transfer rate for imode stated in a
European magazine. In that magazine article there were two serious factual
errors.

Gerhard Fasol
Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://www.eurotechnology.com/