(keitai-l) Live to tell

From: Mats Ulenius (NRJ) <Mats.Ulenius_at_nrj.ericsson.se>
Date: 08/18/00
>it's the handset availability which is the problem. Tailormade
>for the high-volume, fast-turnaround strengths of the Japanese handset
>makers.

Speedy yes. But high volume?? No Japanese maker has more than 5% market share WW. Matsushita/ Panasonic were quite strong in Europe at the beginning of GSM, but they have lost market share since then. Sony used to sell phones in the US, but I guess they moved the resources to their TV plant in Ireland ;-)

Yes, it will be very interesting to see what happens in the WW phone market the next couple of years. Some people predict a consolidation, where the companies with the best Brands and Radio/Phone expertize join with the companies that are best at quickly pumping out cool Consumer Electronics.

/Mats