(keitai-l) Who vs Who?

From: Mats Ulenius (NRJ) <Mats.Ulenius_at_nrj.ericsson.se>
Date: 08/18/00
I think that sometimes we exaggerate some sort of fierce competition between "Japan" and "Europe". Competition is fierce but it's not a matter of "Japan against Europe". Today so many telecom companies are already global players, with allies, partners, competitors, suppliers, and customers both on the "home continent" and on other continents. For example, remember that maybe the 3 biggest joint promoters of W-CDMA are NTT DoCoMo, Nokia, and Ericsson. In W-CDMA, the same radio network and also the same core network based on an upgraded version of GSM with GPRS will be used both in Japan and in Europe. /Mats