(keitai-l) Re: Disney-I

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 08/23/00
From: "Mika Tuupola" <tuupola@appelsiini.net>

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Jamie Hayes wrote:
>
> > The Walt Disney Internet Group has said that it will provide content
> > for the i-Mode mobile internet service operated by Japanese carrier
> > NTT DoCoMo.
>
> It seems mobile can comic/cartoon wolds is really merging.
> Recently a Finish mobile game company Riot Entertainment
>
> http://www.riot-e.com/
>
> teamed up with Marvel to bring some superhero content to
> mobile phones. Below is a newsclip from Reuters. I haven't
> been able to find url to original content.....

A graphic art form specifically geared for small display areas,
simple colors (optional), and successive frames, is what you
need for mobile phone displays.  Comics have been evolving
in this area for...how long now?  Seems like a natural.  And
all that content, already branded - perfect.

Now what you need is Dick Tracy looking at his two-way
wrist TV and seeing....Dick Tracy.

Michael Turner
www.idiom.com/~turner
leap@gol.com