(keitai-l) Re: tsutaya ads

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/04/00
Michael Turner wrote:
> Tsutaya is reaching, here.  I mean, a *dot-com* kogaisha saving its
> bricks-and-mortar parent that's hemorrhaging so dramatically?
> Isn't that a little like tossing a drowning man a boat anchor instead of
> a lifejacket?

Thanks Michael, for second me here with this great comparision :)

2 more statements to think of:

* Everybody will tolerate ads in television, but nobody will
  tolerate an ad 'sticker' on your remocon LCD which you have to
  see first if you want to change the channel of your TV.

* A browser (or your computer) is never such a personal device
  like your phone and ads on your most personal device
  are much more a 'break in' into your private life.

<start of not so serious part>
And also big Internet Companys like Tripod.com found much
more interesting spaces to places their ads than a tiny I-Mode
screen like documented last week in Japan:
http://juergenspecht.com/d1/tripod.jpg
</end of not so serious part>

;)

J.