(keitai-l) Re: tsutaya ads

From: jeffrey funk <funk_at_rose.rokkodai.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 09/04/00
There are a large number of articles about advertising on I-mode in the
nikkei shinbun. And it is interesting how little of this information ever
makes it to the english press. I cannot understand why articles about
tsutaya make the english press while articles about value click japan do
not. Value click is already providing ads to 180 I-mode sites and sending
about 1 million ads per day. According to experiments, there is a three
times higher chance of clicking an ad on a mobile phone than on a PC. The
per click ad charge is about 130 yen per click or three times the charge in
the desktop computer area.  Value click pays about 15 - 25 yen of this money
to the site manager and thus the remainder is income for value click. In
other words value click is making about 100 million yen a day from these
ads. Not bad.

Jeff Funk
Associate Professor
Kobe University