(keitai-l) Re: i-mode technical faq

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 09/06/00
"M. David" wrote:

> The module looks realy cool! Does it emulate the specific differences in
> each phone -eg tables, grayscale vs. color, chakumero?

I actually thought about doing that, but there's a major issue:

Anything beyond the published cHTML spec is not officially supported, which
means if you build pages that use tables for a given handset, there is no
guarantee that that handset will support tables in the future. Because it's
outside of published spec, the handset maker has no incentive to maintain
backwards compatibility, etc.

In fact, I STRONGLY urge content developers to stay AWAY from non-spec tags;
i-mode would devolve into a series of handset-specific pages that may or may
not be accessible by all users, and even worse my not be accessible by later
versions of current handsets.

That being said, tweaking image size, etc. for different handsets IS cool,and
it's part of the published spec so I recommend it.

Regards,

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature