(keitai-l) creating webpages for j-sky

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/19/00
Hi,

when looking on J-sky pages (like the ones offered by J-Phone
itself, see: http://www.j-phone.com/j/index.html) and reading
Japanese sites about how to create J-Sky sites I realized that
they all use 'normal' HTML (with slight adaptions similar to
those of i-mode compatible HTML) instead of MML as the 'official'
markup language for J-sky.

Is that a common 'standard' already and are there any major
disadvantages when using HTML instead of MML?

I read that the advantages are for example that you can test your
sites with browsers like Netscape Communicator and Internet
Explorer and that you don't have to learn a news markup syntax
if you already know HTML. It also should make it easy to switch
from i-mode compatible HTML to J-sky compatible HTML I guess.

Cheers,
Andrea
--
Andrea Hoffmann -- Editor-in-Chief --  hoffmann@westcyber.com