(keitai-l) Re: New wireless whitepaper

From: Zimran Ahmed <zimran_at_creativegood.com>
Date: 09/26/00
>Ups, I just read in your newsletter that your company hates
>intro pages (especially in Flash), same to me...but a phone
>is different. Computer users are at least so computer savvy,

heh heh heh. we don't hate intro pages, but we've found that customers
wanting to *do* something at a site hate having to wait to see some lame
graphics before they can do what they went there for.

the final arbiter is never the technology, it's the experience. If on
phones, start up takes a little while, then a distracting graphic
*improves* the customer experience. However, if they could change the
phone so the start-up time was zero (like it is on the Palm), then people
may prefer not being forced to see the graphic but just get started using
the device. For example, having a little hourglass animation move while a
program loads improves the experience, because people know something is
happening while they wait. Forcing people to sit through 30 seconds of
hourglass animation if the program can start immediately makes the
experience worse, because people want to get started but aren't able to.
It's not the technology, its the experience.

And you make a great point: customers using phones to access data are
less savvy that people using phones. that means that a good wireless
customer experience is even more important, especially here in the US
where phones are *much* more complicated to use than computers.

zimran@creativegood.com
Creative Good
http://www.creativegood.com
212.736.2075

NEW: Download our paper on the wireless customer experience (free)
http://www.creativegood.com/wireless/

Check out our fall conference:
October 11-12, San Francisco
http://www.ecustomerexperience.com