(keitai-l) Re: Site Stick

From: George P.Taylor IX <taylor_at_ctrvc.com>
Date: 09/26/00
According to the PDF, the site stick can wait 3 seconds for the user to
input a series of digits followed by the # character, and, if none is
entered by the user, the "sponsor's" URL is forced.  I have not studied the
PDF in detail; I do not know whether data about the sponsor is storred on
the site stick, or whether the server maintains a list of site-sticks and
one or more associated sponsor URL's per site-stick.

I'd guess that the site stick notices that it has been plugged into a phone,
and, if the user has not started keying within a time window, the site-stick
either feeds it's sponsor's URL directly to the phone browser, or drives the
browser to the site-stick server, passing either the sponsor ID or the
site-stick's serial number to the site stick server, which then redirects
the browser to the apporpriate URL.