(keitai-l) Re: Sending images to an imode phone

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/29/00
Hi,

> I am looking for a little bit of advise, perhaps someone can
> help. Is it possible to send an image file (Gif) embeded in
> an email to an imode address. Will the receiving imode phone
> be able to view the image?

Not that I know -- so far all attachments on mails sent to i-mode
handsets will be deleted on the docomo server before the mail is
sent to the recipient.

A workaround is to put the image somewhere on the WWW and then send
the *URL* for that image to an i-mode handset (e.g. something like:
http://www.deeplake.com/southpark/Stan2.gif).

The URL will be clickable inside the i-mode mail and by clicking
on it the image will be displayed in the i-mode browser (if it
is not too big, see: http://anima.editthispage.com/imodefaq/q14).

That way you can send an image to your phone and then set it as
your wallpaper etc...

Cheers,
Andrea
--