(keitai-l) Re: Sending images to an imode phone

From: Bonsai <bonsai_at_hatch.co.jp>
Date: 09/29/00
> A workaround is to put the image somewhere on the WWW and then send
> the *URL* for that image to an i-mode handset

A restaurant in my neighbourhood uses this approach.

If a customer leaves their e-mail address at the restaurant occasionally the
restaurant will send a mail with a gif "attached" in this manner to their
customers.  If the customer shows this gif when paying their bill they
receive a 10% discount.

I thought it was quite a novel way to contact patrons without them feeling
spammed, and a good way to get a discount without having to carry around a
wallet full of discount tickets (which we all just throw away anyway right?)

 Byron (a.k.a Bonsai)
 Internet Number Corporation - http://www.internetnumber.co.jp/