(keitai-l) DUH.... Study concludes wireless adoption could benefit from an "emphasis on social utility. "

From: Calvin-Lash <calvin-lash_at_hitachi-cs.co.jp>
Date: 01/19/01
TechWeb article: "Anthropologists Look For Missing Link In Wireless"

"The interviews were conducted in the United States, China, Japan,
Sweden, France, and  England <snip> evenly split  among women and men,
adults and teenagers, with about a fifth of the  participants coming
from people who didn't use wireless devices at all.
<snip>
 The study concluded that wireless adoption could benefit from more user
education and an emphasis on social utility. "
<snip>
 "Anthropologists also observed how the cell phone helped ease barriers
to interaction into less confrontational cultures in Asia.
'If you and I were Japanese, I can just be connecting with you without
verbally talking to you, so it sort of gets me over that barrier,' "

Full text at:
http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010117S0003

-----
Calvin Lash
Hitachi Communications Systems Inc., TPS Center
<http://www.mmjp.or.jp/hcstps/callUs.html>
	-- translation/localization since 1961