(keitai-l) Re: is downloading java applets more expensive than other content?

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <aps_at_writemail.com>
Date: 01/19/01
Andres Crosa wrote:
> I think that eventhough "interaction with the application can be done
> locally" the data flow will be high, for example interactive network
> (taisen) games or agent services checking stock information
> every 30min or so. Probably DoCoMo will come with different plans like
they
> are doing with DoPa, for heavy users higher basic fee and lower packet
price
> for example. What do you think?

I think everyone would agree that the per packet price has to drop.
Unfortunately we will probably continue to see the maze of plans we have
now. As with land line internet connections though, things can only get
faster and cheaper. How long will it be before we see 'DoPa Hodai' (i.e.
unlimited connection for a fixed fee)? Doesn't make economic sense for
them to do so I doubt we'll be seeing it any time soon.

> I don't know if this replies your question

It did, thanks. Thanks also to David Talbot.

Andrew