(keitai-l) Re: is downloading java midlets more expensive than other content?

From: rolf van widenfelt <rolf_at_pizzicato.com>
Date: 01/19/01
charging by the packet seems like one of the great features of i-mode.
i'd be shocked if they went to a per-minute system.

Jamie, since you research this stuff, you might be amused by this behavior:

a friend of mine uses Sprint which offers WAP.  he has a 500 minute/month plan,
for which he pays a fixed amount.
at first he was disinterested in the WAP feature, dabbling with it only occasionally.
but now, when he's close the end of his billing cycle, he finds out how many minutes
he has left, and has a binge WAP surfing session to use it up!
(perhaps easier than just calling dozens of your friends)

-rolf