(keitai-l) Re: Japanese phone numbers

From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom_at_nooper.com>
Date: 01/25/01
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:58:39AM +0900, Nick May wrote:
> keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
> > On the one hand, I understand Nick and Jani's
> >perspective.  I can imagine clicking on a hyperlink and being unpleasantly
> >surprised as my phone starts dialing.
>

> The other issue - and the main one for me - is that when you scroll down a
> page on an imode phone, the cursor hops from link to link, slowing the
> scroll down. So the more links on a  page, the more painful scrolling
> becomes.

I'm half with Nick on this. Too many links to scroll over is not so good. On
the other hand where it is a telephone number, I quite like to be able
to click on it and dial. I do think though that if it is a tel: link then
the link description should be the telephone number, rather than some
non clear text like "Call us" or "contact us" as you have no clue what
that means until you click it. It has to be clear it is a phone number.

I can't imagine a page though where there are so many telephone numbers
that it effects scrolling too much. Somebody point me at a link where
they think if all the telephone numbers were converted to tel: links it
would be a bad thing.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd                   Noop-de-Noop!
tom_at_nooper.com                  http://www.nooper.com