(keitai-l) Re: determining what is an i-mode page

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 02/08/01
>>keitai-l@appelsiini.net さんは書かれました:
>But if you use a CHTML meta tag, what if Google comes across a site
>actually
>built for CHTML and some future CHTML (pixo) device? CHTML specs support
style sheets, tables, frames and JPEG images which is why i-mode <loud>is
not</loud> CHTML.

Granted.

The crux of the point is that there should BE a standard way of
determining a page is imode. Of course in addition  google should also
"try and work it out" from the content - but that could start to create
serious additional load for the kind of traffic they have.....

Which is best?

1) having no clear way of determining whether a site is imode.

2) using the chtml meta tag (with all the caveats above fully
acknowledged)

3) creating a new way ( e.g. 'imode" in the meta tag).

I would go for 3 <whisper>but settle for 2</whisper>. If google would
have a "policy" on this it would create some mild momentum towards some
kind of sensible de facto standard.....

Nick