(keitai-l) Way OT: No More Ikezukuri! (was Re: OT: This list)

From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 03/01/01
Nick May wrote:
> keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
> >Furthermore, to really grind home the point, I will begin
> >a limited hunger strike: until we are back at stage 4,
> >I will refuse to eat any Japanese dish with creatures in
> >it that are still moving.
>
> Does this include that finest Japanese dish - only to be consumed alive,
> ko-nekozashimi?  (think about it...) Seems a bit extreme...

While the tangy flavor and zesty aroma of konekozashimi are indeed
unique, not to mention that it only seems to get friskier the more
you eat it, I'd hesitate to call this a purely Japanese dish.  In fact,
I suspect that the ancient Romans had a hand in it, so to speak.

(And besides, there are some odd folks out there who prefer their
konekozashimi dead, even though I personally find such a habit
repulsive in the extreme.)

Fingerlicking good,
--
Jani PATOKALLIO / jpatokal@iki.fi / +81 90 7722 3557
Sanpo Laboratory, Mechano-Informatics Dept., University of Tokyo