(keitai-l) Re: news- DoCoMo to open up i-mode site selections

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 03/06/01
>Previously DoCoMo only collected payment from sites of premium i-menu
>members. Just one of the requirements of premium membership is offering a
24
>hour call centre - prohibitive for most small content providers.

I would assume they would require at least a 9-5 call center and will
probably have some sort of restrictions on sites. I don't think they would
do the billing for an adult site - they'll probably put in a "within common
morals" blah blah blah clause.

What I think should ultimately happen is for the govt. to have docomo do
the same thing long distance providers do with NTT local loops. Have NTT do
the front end billing for them and charge them a fee for the service. This
would allow competition in within the billing system too.

David M.

iKaiwa.com    http://iKaiwa.com
Japanese Mobile Contents Portal [ringing tones, greeting cards, homepage
community]
ClubTomo      http://ClubTomo.com   Club Community

CLICK!        http://ikaiwa.com/click/
Community for Linking Internet Companies in Kansai!