(keitai-l) Re: news- DoCoMo to open up i-mode site selections

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/06/01
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Kyle Barrow wrote:

> I think the important message here is DoCoMo will collect payments for sites
> outside the i-menu.

;) and that, incrase revenue. The moral is: carrier is not responsible
for the non official content. Since they ALREADY provides the means(i.e
i-mode.) ATT cable has serious money from not so glamours industry(porn)
but you can't really accuse them.

> Previously DoCoMo only collected payment from sites of premium i-menu
> members. Just one of the requirements of premium membership is offering a 24
> hour call centre - prohibitive for most small content providers.

I guess they could just drop the 24 hour call center for the non-official
site. One stone, two birds.

Hubert