(keitai-l) interaction of HTML browser and iMode Java applications

From: Henry Minsky <henry_minsky_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 03/09/01

I am interested in writing a Java iMode application which
will display some pages of HTML content.

Is there any standard interface between a Java application
running in a phone and a web browser in the phone? I.e.,
can I issue a command in Java to have the phone fetch
and display a URL (or an HTML String value) in it's
browser?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a really lightweight
HTML widget that is written to the iMode Java API, that
could display simple (cHTML style) HTML strings with
clickable hyperlinks? This ought to be implementable as
a very lightweight widget, since it really just has
to have a scrollable text display area, and a very simple
way to tab through the hyperlink regions.

Ideally, insane as this sounds, there should be a tiny
servlet engine running in the phone, that the local microbrowser
could be pointed to. A complete but teeny-tiny servlet engine would
probably only take about 15 kbytes of byte codes.

Henry