(keitai-l) Re: Handset technology

From: Arjen van Blokland <arjen_at_fra.allnet.ne.jp>
Date: 03/15/01
Gerhard, maybe not Europe as a whole but Holland has been quite active in
the electronics field.  Philips is quite active in the electronics
business. And as far as I can remember Philips has been very active in
electronics in the past 90 years. Please correct me if I amwrong :)
However, they almost missed the boat with the development of LCDs, since
they tried to introduce diode technology. In 1997 they stopped this project
and bought themselves into Hosiden. This company is now owned by Philips.
Furthermore, Philips bought a large share in LG displays two years ago.

Arjen van Blokland