(keitai-l) Re: Contents: Legal Services

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 03/17/01
Japan has -
1.  far fewer lawyers than the U.S. or Europe;
2.  a legal code that I believe still uses a lot of
     non-standard kanji;
3.  a legal profession that staunchly resists
     making it any easier to become a lawyer;
4.  a population that largely despairs of really
     getting anything done through the court system.

If you want to get a rough flavor of how backward
it is, here, check out the on-line patent systems.

-m
leap@gol.com