(keitai-l) Re: Tricking a server or Tricking yourself. (Long!)

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushunet.com>
Date: 03/16/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:

--snip---
> the problem is that
>this list is not a specific coder list, a lot of journalists
>and other people without technical background read it and
>I know that I can soon find in a magazine that "you can access
>official I-Mode sites by using an modified header from your
>home computer".

--snip---

but - so what?

what harm, damage, whatever, is being done here....? A journalist with a
clue may well be a dangerous thing - but I doubt they can do that much
more harm than the clueless variety... So what if lots of people start
browsing your imode site in icab? What is the danage? modify your
advertising model to take advatange of it.

Anyone want to make some quick cash? Make a proxy to rip imode sites and
make them browser readable. Plaster it with banner ads.... THEN maybe the
original site will let people in through the front door... Keeping the
yanks/brits/europs out of our own little gaijin content world may well be
good clean fun, but it isn't something to gets too serious about...

>Now since I feeded some search engines with the right string,
>who cares that the little 2 byte word "in" is missing in the
>sentence above.

For goodness sake - let no-one on this list worry about minor
imperfections in their English... Particularly at 1am on a Saturday
morning, when all decent folks are pissed...

nick

and NO a Brit is NOT a Europ!