(keitai-l) Re: protecting content assets [was Tricking a server or Tricking yourself]

From: Jonathan Shore <jshore_at_e-shuppan.com>
Date: 03/17/01
> Point 2 is another nasty one...as a (part time) photographer myself,
> I hate if people have no idea and really don't care about copyright.
> I find my pictures also here and there on the Internet, without my
> permission for sure, even screengrabs of my personal I-Mode site are
> used in brochures of companys overseas.

If there is ever any ambiguity, stenography / watermarks can be helpful.
One can design these so that key identifying information is present even
when the image is resized or cropped.

For gallery photos, putting a copyright noticed at the bottom of the image
in addition to watermarks is also a good idea.  Will make people think twice
about ripping the photos.

Some companies already use software to search for copyright violators.  Of
course unless you are losing a significant amount of money from this
problem, not worth doing.

JS