(keitai-l) Re: e-Wallets on i-Mode

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/18/01
Michael Turner wrote:

> Here is a slightly whimsical response, but FWIW:
>
> what umbrella?  Well, the biggest pool of Japan's
> famously high citizen savings is already under
> government supervision: the postal savings
> accounts.
>
> This is also the biggest single pool of money
> anywhere on the planet, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> But that's the Post Office, you say; what does
> that have to do with telecom, much less DoCoMo?
>
> Well, the Post Office is under the Ministry of
> Posts and *Telecommunications* for one thing.

Interesting story... and by the way there is no more
"Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications", since
January 6, 2001 has been merged into the new:
"Ministry of Public Management, Home Affairs,
Posts and Telecommunications" (somusho).
Also, as far as I know the investments of the postal
savings system are managed by a departement of the
Ministry of Finance not by the former Yuseisho, now Somusho.

This probably does not change much to your argument though.

Best regards,

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/