(keitai-l) 504i

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 03/18/01
I have seen some specs and conceptual models for 504i. Interestingly
enough, these seems a lot more advanced than the FOMA phones expected
during the first year, mostly regarding things like processor speed, sound
quality, screen size and fashion factor. FOMA excells in two important
areas, though: bandwidth and voice quality.

This confirms that DoCoMo really sees 3G as a trial for at least the first
year. The question is if the users will do that. 150 000 users at the end
of this year is not a lot. The coverage is of course one reason why the
service is unusable for those who travel.

If I understand correctly, 504i should be available at year's end.

/gustaf

http://xped.io | gustaf_at_xpedio.com | t +46 8 674 50 47 | m +46 70 916 4747