(keitai-l) Re: i-mode sites

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/20/01
antonella.esteves@ftnetwork.com wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Could someone, please, confirm whether the following
> statement is true...are the "best used" i-mode sites
> OUTSIDE DoCoMo's wall-garden?? - Many thanks!
>
> Antonella.

My guess is that this is one of those statements which can
lead to never ending email group discussions.

Essentially, there are around 1000 "official menu sites, and
an uncountable number of other sites (probably on the order
of 50,000 by now).

It will depend how you define "best used". In terms of traffic,
approx. 1/2 (trend decreasing) of the traffic goes to menue
sites and about 1/2 (trend increasing) to non-menue (katte) sites.

There are some excellent sites in both cathegories, so I guess
there are "excellently used" sites in both cathegories.

Personally I use both official and katte sites, and I guess
so do most other imode users.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/