(keitai-l) Re: Microsoft and the JavaPhone? [BIZBUZ]

From: Alistair Jeffs <alistair_at_nervewireless.com>
Date: 03/20/01
first of all, michael turner, please carry on with your eloquent
brainstorming rants!

At 14:02 18/03/2001 +0900, you wrote:

>Now, however, I've gotten to wondering again, and
>here's why: iMode's North American debut will be
>in Seattle.
>
>NTT has, of course, just bought a significant stake
>in AT&T wireless.  The main reason seems to be
>so that it can get iMode rolling through the U.S.
>
>So there it is: physical proximity (Greater Seattle
>includes Redmond, which hosts Microsoft's main
>campus), and all those longstanding corporate
>working relationships.
>
>Can you say "homeboy"?  I knew you could.

i think it might be a bit more than that. i think DoCoMo chose Seattle for
it's demographic purposes. i'm sure there's a high early adopter group
there which will make it a worthwhile test market to launch their product
in. pacific coast but not in highly exposed market place (e.g. LA, SF, SD)
and there might be some niceties that come with redmond being close by.