(keitai-l) Re: tech- Getting brand & model in Java

From: Henry Minsky <hqm_at_ai.mit.edu>
Date: 03/21/01
According to Sun, the CLDC is supposed to have some kind of standard for this:

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/wireless/midpapi/?frontpage-jdc

Property Support
In the CLDC, there is no implementation for the java.util.Properties class.
However, the set of properties shown in Table 3 is available. They can be
accessed by calling the System.getProperty(String key) method.

Table 3: Standard Properties

Key Explanation Value
microedition.platform The host platform or device Default: null
microedition.encoding The default character encoding Default: ISO8859_1
microedition.configurations Current J2ME configuration and version Default:
CLDC-1.0
microedition.profiles Name of supported profiles Default: null

However, I have no idea if this is implemented on the phones. I'm getting
my hands a P503i next week, I can try it out then.