(keitai-l) Re: dynamic jam files, persistent storage and tracking the users of your IAppli

From: Henry Minsky <hqm_at_ai.mit.edu>
Date: 03/22/01
At 03:51 PM 3/21/01 -0800, you wrote:
>For a non-secure session tracking, couldn't you put a session key in the
>appparam?
>
>--Jason

On a related topic -- I have written this little micro-browser for the
iAppli, but the
security restrictions on the HTTP connection only let you connect back to
the host you downloaded the applet from.

I made a script in the applet's home directory on the server acts as a
little proxy server, and
the applet can access it using a hardcoded URL, but  now
I am wondering what is the easiest way to make my code access this in a
portable way.

Is  there anything in the IAppli API that I can query to find out the "URL
base" or exact URL
of the jar file  from which
the currently running applet was downloaded? Otherwise , I can pass this
info in as
a AppParam, but that requires making someone change that entry in the .jam
file when
they deploy the applet on another web server (trivial to do, but..)