(keitai-l) Re: Ericsson's new phone - with colour display

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/22/01
On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Jani PATOKALLIO wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:24:55 +0900
> From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal@iki.fi>
> To: keitai-l@appelsiini.net
> Subject: (keitai-l) Re: Ericsson's new phone - with colour display
>
> Daniel Helmer wrote:
> > Who would have thought that Ericsson would be the first non-japanese phone
> > maker to come out with colour display? Cute too...
> >
> > http://www.ericsson.com/t68/
>
> Did you read the small print?  "Coming out Q4 2001".  So don't hold
> your breath -- and I for one would be surprised if Nokia does not
> beat them to it.

'Nokia will beat us in Q3 2001' is in the smaller print. Just
look one line under. :)

There isn't much description about the resolution. I expect the change in
higher resolution will be the focus of the development for new handset.
Also input method other than keypad if they would like to make
'convergence' happen. I was told by a peson who just played with
Kyceroa(?) mobile phone that integrate the Palm OS with mobile phone
at the price of $499. And he said it is good. I haven't tried it
so I don't know. But if you don't use phone function, you still
have a PDA. That is kind of nice.(except that if you do use phone
then you are sticking with one carrier, in US, that is US sprint)

Anyphone with that type of thing in Japan? (yet?) I know they
have the accessory for a qwerty keyboard but that is 'funny'.

Hubert