(keitai-l) i-mode menu and user behavior

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/22/01
The i-mode menu I know of has iMenu on top and then  Mail, Message
Bookmark, internet, inquiries, screen memo and help.

And the usage of the i-mode phone was 34% voice, 42% email and 24%
internet (from InfoCom research, 2000 mentioned in the report by Devine
and Holmqvist) I wonder if it has do with how it is arranged.
( email and internet percentage vs its menu locaiton.) Of course,
people do like to keep in touch.

Also, the inquiries is used to check message from other network, that is
cumbersome. (but probably purposefully) What I don't understand is why
they want to ahve My menu and Bookmark, if I have bookmark that could
include both the official and unofficial site, then I don't care about the
My menu. Also, I would think it is more convenient to have the i-menu
listing the i-menu list right away. (Of course, two click means more
packet for i-mode and accumlated packet means money for DoCoMo.)
It is two click down the road. Could user customize this?

Hubert