(keitai-l) Re: Ericsson's new phone - with colour display

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 03/21/01
on 01.3.22 12:27 PM, Gerhard Fasol at fasol@eurotechnology.com wrote:
> Jani PATOKALLIO wrote:
>>
>> Daniel Helmer wrote:
>>> Who would have thought that Ericsson would be the first non-japanese phone
>>> maker to come out with colour display? Cute too...
>>> http://www.ericsson.com/t68/
>>
>> Did you read the small print?  "Coming out Q4 2001".  So don't hold
>> your breath -- and I for one would be surprised if Nokia does not
>> beat them to it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> could not find any specs on the t68 website. Specs - especially
> battery life (stand-by, talking, and data) are crucial to succeed.
>
> Interesting: Nokia seems to have stopped selling the B/W NM502i in Japan.
> Looks as if Nokia has no handset on the market in Japan right now.
> See: http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq-handsets.html
>
> Gerhard Fasol

In Japan, the average shelf-life of a handset is less than 12 months -varies
according to the model popularity/cost.
Regional DoCoMo's stopped listing the Nokia phone in late 2001,
interestingly Ericsson's  ER209i is also absent from some catalogs since
this February.

For the record, 256-color display were very popular in Japan, last year :-)

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/