(keitai-l) Re: Does keitai-l need a member-maintained FAQ?

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 03/22/01
Mika Tuupola writes:

> Short answer, yes we need a member-maintained FAQ.
>
> One question remains, how should it be done. Somehow I like the
> old way of someone hand maintaining the faq. However in the times
> of collaborating (no this is not a marketing speech ;) it probably
> should be done via a web interface where members can add
> information. Still IMO someone should be an editor to keep the FAQ
> tidy.

I like the old FAQ style, too.  But it's a lot of work for such
a rapidly-changing area.  A simple webform for submitting
questions and keitai-l archive links might be a start.  Collaborative
ranking of answers might be the next thing to add.  Well,
I'm probably making it sound too simple....

> One possibility could be to make a compromise of these both.
> Hand edit the file but make it accessible via WebDAV to
> selected editors. These editors being anyone who wants to
> volunteer.

For the fully-crystallized knowledge, this sounds like a good
approach.  I see the user-driven/collaborative part as a wait
to stay partly on top of the raw new material - a step up from
raw search-engine results, but still not the final, coherent
treatment that makes a good FAQ so useful.

-m
leap@gol.com