(keitai-l) Re: i-mode, imode, Imode, iMode or I-mode?

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 03/26/01
Malcom James wrote:
> Victor Pikula wrote:
> > But if you do the search on i-mode on google.com well,
> > you end up with 'mode' but no 'i' associated.
>
> The appropriate search string on Google is "+i-mode" (without the quotes).

Been using Google for years, and didn't know that.

This is actually a significant issue for the KEITAI-L FAQ.  If
you search in Google on "+i-mode", the first thing like a FAQ
is DoCoMo's, the second is imodelinks.com.

If, however, you search on "imode" (as most people will
first write it, I suspect), you get...well...."the imode FAQ".

We're starting from behind, with a Japanese topic ("keitai")
and a Finnish site ("appelsiini" - what does that mean, by the
way, in Finnish?).  We can make up for it only by becoming
a definitive source of information.

> > I guess Lauren will change that after seeing this post.
> Lauren would probably refer you to the help link on the Google search
page.

Don't goad him, now . ;-)