(keitai-l) email solutions for i-mode

From: dtalbot <dtalbot_at_j-com.co.jp>
Date: 03/26/01
> It's already difficult enough to handle e-mail efficiently with your
desktop
> and laptop/PDA systems so that you have a control of your e-mail and
e-mail
> archives..

Petri-
These are a couple of the solutions around. Probably a lot more out there:

1 Web based gateway services that copy mail from your corporate account are
pretty popular I think (e.g. mGateway), although they don't usually deal
intelligently with your sent mail.  Some company's whose firewall prevents
access to the mail server from outside, have (some of) their mail forwarded
to a mobile-friendly web based account. (Firemail is one such service).

2 fusionOne's service works on i-mode, syncing mail from Outlook folders:
incoming and outgoing. Need to leave your computer switched on for this.
They have a Palm version coming out this year.

3 Probably the most sophisticated are the server based mobile access
services such as BBS's Exlook for Exchange and Hitachi IT's
DominoPhoneConnect.

David
JCI Tokyo