(keitai-l) Re: email solutions for i-mode

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 03/26/01
Also many third-party solutions like OrangeSoft's xGate and PumaTech's
Intellisync Anywhere for wireless -- install the app in your Internet plant and
access IMAP email/LotusNotes/etc. from wireless devices.

r e n

dtalbot wrote:

> > It's already difficult enough to handle e-mail efficiently with your
> desktop
> > and laptop/PDA systems so that you have a control of your e-mail and
> e-mail
> > archives..
>
> Petri-
> These are a couple of the solutions around. Probably a lot more out there:
>
> 1 Web based gateway services that copy mail from your corporate account are
> pretty popular I think (e.g. mGateway), although they don't usually deal
> intelligently with your sent mail.  Some company's whose firewall prevents
> access to the mail server from outside, have (some of) their mail forwarded
> to a mobile-friendly web based account. (Firemail is one such service).
>
> 2 fusionOne's service works on i-mode, syncing mail from Outlook folders:
> incoming and outgoing. Need to leave your computer switched on for this.
> They have a Palm version coming out this year.
>
> 3 Probably the most sophisticated are the server based mobile access
> services such as BBS's Exlook for Exchange and Hitachi IT's
> DominoPhoneConnect.
>
> David
> JCI Tokyo

ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144
hex: \x72 \x65 \x6e \x66 \x69 \x65 \x6c  \x64
morgan stanley dean witter japan
e-business technologies | engineering and strategy