(keitai-l) Re: I-mode in the US - where's the content?

From: Daniel Scuka <daniel_at_japaninc.net>
Date: 03/27/01
There are at several US- or Canada-based companies actively working on
i-mode (or, rather, cHTML) content; I'm willing to suspect there are many
more. A second, and equally important, category is the content enablers--the
companies developing technology that allows diverse content (streaming
anything, Java games, security, nado nado) to be ported to any sort of
i-mode platform. Here's a partial list:

1. 724 (Toronto, Austin); security, content management, tools
2. Gamelet (San Francisco); Java games
3. animobile.com (LA); animation, characters
2. Plazmic.com (Toronto); Java-stuff (games as well as applications)
3. cyberzen.com (US--I can't remember where, or what the focus is)
4. google.com (SF)
5. www.gravitate-usa.com (US--I can't remember where, or what the focus is)
7. Extended Systems (US--I can't remember where, or what the focus is)

I'd be keen to hear from anyone who can add more to this.

--Daniel Scuka